Boxing South Africa (Boxing SA), a Schedule 3A entity of Government under the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture has the following service requirement.
Position: Provincial Manager (Gauteng)
- Boxing SA is regulated by the Act of Parliament, the SA Boxing Act no. 11 of 2001.
- Boxing SA does not have provincial offices and therefore for the purposes of its services at provincial level, it utilizes the services of consultants known as Provincial Managers whose responsibilities are the execution of the scope of work listed below.
- Provincial Managers are not employees of BSA but are rather consultants with fair knowledge, experience, and leadership qualities required in the administration professional boxing.
- The nature of professional boxing in South Africa dictates that as boxing goes through a renewal, growth, and transformation phase, Provincial Managers should not be individuals who will only hold functionary duties but also exhibit leadership qualities and an extreme passion for boxing and be enthusiastic ambassadors who will routinely go beyond call of duty to ensure that boxing within their area of jurisdiction is optimally serviced and its stature and footprint grows.
- Boxing SA hereby seeks to appoint Provincial Managers who will be responsible for all its designated services at provincial level. Key amongst the responsibilities of a Provincial Manager is tried and tested ability to oversee the successful and compliant planning and delivery of all tournaments.
- For this purpose, the Provincial Manager would equally need to have firm knowledge of all other boxing world bodies, their dynamics, and processes.
- The Provincial Manager would be expected to also oversee the key functions of professional boxing such as licensing, sanctioning, ratings, as well as other specific Boxing SA operational areas.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The appointed candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct and oversee licensing in respective provinces.
- Supervise sanctioned tournaments and allocate personnel resources in consultation with Boxing SA.
- Ensure compliance across the entire tournament value chain, from tournament application, tournament delivery, and post tournament requirements, including compilation of reports for each tournament.
- Organise and supervise tournament weigh-ins, annual sparring events, workshops, and any other provincial boxing events that Boxing SA may organise from time to time.
- Regularly conduct tournament venues and gymnasiums inspections.
- Oversee the induction and training of new Ring Officials.
- Act as a liaison person between licensees, other stakeholders, and Boxing SA in handling queries.
- Execute all other delegated duties given by the office from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following, qualifications, skills, and qualities:
- Minimum of Matric or equivalent qualification.
- Fair knowledge and experience in the sport of boxing.
- Knowledge of the Boxing Act and Regulations. Knowledge of other regulatory policies and guides related to the sport of boxing will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate, e.g., MS Office, E-mails, and Internet.
- Knowledge of use and function of social media, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp.
- Communication and Report Writing Skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Own transport.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT (Out of Office)
- The Provincial Manager must be a self-driven individual and good leader who is able to ensure results without constant and direct supervision.
- The nature of work of a Provincial Manager might be highly uneven with periodic down time and periodic increase in workload depending on the boxing activity calendar.
- Boxing SA promotes the participation of women in boxing and therefore females are encouraged to apply.
- Given the nature and duties attached to the position, preference will be given to applicants who are not full-time employed.
- All applications must be accompanied by a certified copy of matric certificate, drivers license and ID not older 6 months old.
- Short listed candidates must avail themselves for an interview on a date, time, and venue to be determined by Boxing SA. Due to large volume of applications envisaged, correspondence will be entered into with short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Late applications will automatically be disqualified.
Submit your applications for the attention of the Acting CEO to the following addresses:
- By post:
P.O. Box 1347
- By courier/hand delivery:
Hatfield Forum East Building
1077 Arcadia Street
- By e-mail:
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Khanyisa Dambuza (012) 765-9600 between 8:00 and 16:00 weekdays.
Closing Date: 21 May 2021 at 16:00