In line with the Boxing Act, No.11 of 2001 and Regulation 16 of the Amended Boxing Regulation, 2005.
What are the requirements for fighting abroad?
Any boxer who wishes to fight abroad must be licensed with Boxing SA in the year in which the fight is scheduled to take place. He/she must, either personally or through his/her manager, apply in writing to Boxing SA using the Authorisation to Fight Abroad Form, at least 21 days prior to his/her proposed departure from the Republic, for authorisation to do so. Click here to download the from.
What do I need to submit when applying for a clearance?
- The following are the minimum requirements for the application for a clearance letter and must be submitted at least 21 days before the date of the departure.
- Details of the tournament
- Details of the opponent, i.e., name, surname, and country of origin
- Authenticated boxing records of the opponent
- A copy of the contract detailing purse money to be paid to the boxer
- Details of the accompanying manager and/or trainer
- Medical reports (HIV and Hepatitis) not older than three (3) months from the day of application for authorisation to fight abroad or as directed in the contract by the relevant Promoter engaging the Boxing SA licensed boxer.
- Applications that do not meet the requirement above will not be accepted or processed and any boxer, manager and/or trainer that participates in a fight outside the Republic without authorisation may face disciplinary action and/or have his/her license suspended by Boxing SA.
- Click here to download the Authorisation to Fight Abroad Form.
For more information on licensing please contact the Provincial Manager closer to your area.
- Gauteng | Mr. Lehlohonolo Ramagole| email@example.com
- East London | Mr. Phakamile Jacobs | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gqeberha | Mr. Nceba Dladla | email@example.com
- KwaZulu-Natal | Mr. Mike Dube | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Cape | Mr. Mzoli Tempi | email@example.com
- Mpumalanga | Mr. Oupa Lubisi | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limpopo | Mr. Tinyiko Nkatingi | email@example.com
- Free State | Mr. Mzolisa Mabuya | firstname.lastname@example.org