Attention To All Promoters
WITHDRAWAL OF INVITATION FOR PURSE BIDS FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE BETWEEN INNOCENT MANTENGU AND AYABONGA SONJICA.
1. On the 19 August 2019, Boxing South Africa issued an invitation for purse bids for interested promoters to host the Junior Featherweight Title fight between Innocent Mantengu and Ayabonga Sonjica.
2. Boxing South Africa hereby officially notify all promoters and interest parties that we have arrived at a decision to withdraw this invitation for purse bids.
3. The decision to withdraw the invitation for purse bids was arrived at following a joint request between the two camps representing the champion and the mandatory challenger.
4. In the interest of the boxers and the broader boxing community, we believe that a decision to withdraw this invitation for purse bids is the most appropriate.
5. We regret any inconvenience that could have arisen as result hereof.
6. The details regarding this mandatory defence for SA Junior Featherweight Title between Mantengu and Sonjica will be announced in due course by the respective promoter who has since been confirmed to this fight.
We thank you
Mr. Tsholofelo Lejaka
Chief Executive Officer
Boxing South Africa